Welcome to Stay Ahead #11 from FlexOS!
Every Tuesday, we share the latest tools and technology news to help you work smarter, not harder.
In this week’s edition:
- Innovation of the Week: Elon Musk’s company Neuralink implanted a chip in a human patient’s brain. These are tools to make task management more exciting.
- Must-read News: Google launched Gemini Advanced. GenAI could disrupt 200,000 jobs in the creative industry.
- Job Board: Future-forward roles at Vercel, Remote, Hubspot, and more.
Let’s dive in!
Would you put an AI chip into your brain?
In 2017, Elon Musk shocked the world with the launch of Neuralink, a company aimed to connect the human brain directly to the computer. The company realizes Musk’s vision that humans must become cyborgs to be relevant in the future of AI.
- Neuralink has two main pieces of equipment: a chip implanted into a human’s skull and a robot to implant the chip automatically.
- There are two main visions for Neuralink: Helping people with brain injuries in their daily life activities (motor control) and achieving “symbiosis with artificial intelligence.” For example, writing an email and calling a car using only your thoughts.
- This innovation causes huge ethical concerns for brain surgery, which is considered a high-risk treatment.
A chip in your brain could be a game-changer in how you interact with computers and technology. Would you be willing to sign on?
Say goodbye to the stress and anxiety of coming up with team-bonding ideas; you can find hundreds of ideas, games, and activities for your team on Confetti.
Meaningful and high-quality team experiences are key to employee engagement, company culture, and professional development. Confetti can help you with that!
Your ad here? Reach over 30,000 future-forward leaders by advertising with us.
Turn Stress Into Exciting Productivity With MagicTask
Task management and productivity can, and should, be fun.
Designed by gamers, MagicTask is a task management platform with a simple interface, various themes, sound, and effects, and a global dashboard that turns work into an exciting game.
You might also like:
- Daily Quest: Turn your to-do list into epic quests.
- HabitHub: Habit tracker to rewire yourself.
- SuperBetter: A game-based learning platform to supercharge your mental health.
Need more AI tools? Check out:
- NEW: 6 AI Tools for Recruiting Faster and Better
- 10 AI Tools to Streamline Your Marketing Workflow
- Understanding AI in the Workplace – a Complete Guide
- 10 Tools for Common Work Tasks Anyone Can Use (Writing, Powerpoints)
- 10 AI Productivity Tools (Meeting Notetaking, Writing, Brainstorming.)
In the News
Every week, we pick must-read articles about the future of work so you can stay ahead.
This week, Google launched Gemini Advanced as a replacement of Bard, and a study shows that GenAI could disruptively change the entertainment job industry:
Months after the groundbreaking (and fake) Gemini demo video, Google officially announced the Gemini Advanced Ultra model. This model is reported to surpass the performance of the GPT-4 model on a range of benchmarks, including text and coding.
OpenAI is developing two AI agents. One agent can take control of a user’s device to perform tasks such as transferring data and filling in reports, the other agent can take care of all web-centric tasks such as booking a flight ticket.
A study by CVL Economics found that GenAI could disrupt approximately 203,800 entertainment industry jobs by 2026. The biggest impact will be in film, television, and animation.
Meta is working on common technical standards that signal when a piece of content has been created using AI. The aim is to be able to label AI-generated images posted by users on Facebook, Instagram, and Threads.
Google's Lookout app employs AI to generate more detailed image descriptions to help blind and low-vision users. Users can get descriptions and ask follow-up questions about an image without alt text.
With the launch of Apple Vision Pro, I have put together 5 most powerful use cases for this innovation in the future of work. From working everywhere to improving mental health, Apple Vision Pro can redefine workplace dynamics for a happier working experience.
Jobs to Level Up
We want you to make the change we need in this world of work. And do it from wherever is best for you. Here are some jobs that caught our attention:
- Vercel: Director, Customer Success, US-West
- Remote: Manager, Solutions Consulting AMER
- YPO: Talent Development and Learning Director
- DuckDuckGo: Director, People Operations
How did we do?
That’s it for this edition of Stay Ahead, the newsletter that keeps you ahead in the future of work.
We’re here for you, truly.