From drafting blog posts in minutes to generating videos from scratch, 2024 AI trends show that AI tools have made their way into our lives in no time.
But, the AI landscape has also widened with new tools emerging daily. In such a situation, finding reliable free AI tools might be a challenge. This article aims to solve that issue and help you get started with these innovations.
Tag along as I share 7 amazing free AI tools I found to make your work life a bit easier and work smarter, not harder:
1. Chatsonic: Best for content creation
Chatsonic is one of the best and cheapest alternatives to ChatGPT. It’s a handy generative AI tool for freelancers, content creators, and social media managers.
From generating blog post ideas to writing briefs, the tool reduces time by helping you brainstorm, paraphrase, generate, and summarize information. On top of that, the output generated by the tool is amazing. (I found them much better than ChatGPT 3.5)
For example, for this prompt, Act like a professional AI-focused content writer and generated a list of 10 blog post ideas to pitch for guest posts for AI-based startups in the B2B email marketing industry; I got the following result:
When I went through these suggestions, I found them helpful as they cover various aspects of email marketing.
Chatsonic Best Features:
- Voice-to-text generator: Talk to Chatsonic's built-in voice recorder, which will automatically transcribe an almost accurate prompt based on your speech.
- Chrome extensions: You can access multiple Chatsonic use cases by downloading the extension. The extensions work perfectly with social media apps, emails, and other communication channels. So, next time you need to draft an email, ask Chatsonic.
Chatsonic: Pros and Cons
- In-built voice command, especially helpful to speak aloud long prompts.
- The AI platform is up-to-date with current events and trends, making it easier to write industry reports, analyze trends, and make forecasts.
- Combined image and text features don’t deliver accurate output.
- No option to edit the initial prompt after the output is generated. You have to ask for new output, which costs extra credits.
Insider tip: Make your prompts as specific as you can to generate the intended output. If you want your social media post to have a conversational tone, mention that in the prompt.
2. Canva Magic Studio AI: Best to generate visuals
Canva’s Magic Studio is one of the most comprehensive suites of AI-powered tools for marketers, graphic designers, educators, and small business owners. Whether you want to create a design from scratch or edit the existing designs, Magic Studio will have a tool.
For example, I used the Magic Design feature of the Magic Studio to design Christmas-themed email templates, and I love how festive they all look!!
Canva AI's Best Features
- Magic Switch: Imagine writing a blog post and using AI to convert that into whichever format you like. Well! Magic Switch does exactly that. You can use this feature to convert your posts into presentation slides, emails, or any social media post format.
- Magic editing toolkit: With the Magic Editing toolkit, you can remove the background from the images and reposition and resize them. Editing images seems so easy with this AI tool.
- Magic Media: If you want to generate new images and videos, Magic Media is the right tool for you. Enter the prompt, and it will generate 4-5 variations for you. The best part is you can customize the design, positioning, and angle in whatever way you like.
Canva Magic Studio: Pros and Cons
- Magic Switch converts existing content into 100+ languages, meaning you don’t need to create content for each segment separately if you cater to a global audience.
- Pre-designed templates, drag-and-drop functionality, and easy-to-use tools allow you to create designs efficiently.
- Only a few features out of many are available for free. You can still try all of them, but you need to be a Canva subscriber to export the design.
- No matter how easy the tool seems, you need a basic understanding of design tools to make the most out of Canva’s Magic Studio.
Insider tip: Experiment as much as you can. Try to tweak the prompt and analyze which prompt gives you the best outcome.
3. Rows AI: Best for data analysis
Imagine having an AI tool that helps you curate insights from large datasets, predict patterns, generate new data, and automate tedious tasks. Rows AI is that tool.
It is one of the best AI tools for managers, data analysts, or project leaders who work with a plethora of data daily.
Here is how Rows AI helped me generate insights and created a table for me based on the prompt I fed into it:
Rows AI Best Features:
- Open AI integration: With their CLASSIFY_OPENAI function, you can automate actions in Rows.
- Real-time data detection: If you want to brainstorm or don’t have any data to import, Rows AI will generate data in real time. Use Create_List_OpenAI (Insert your prompt) to fetch data in a spreadsheet format.
- Outdated data updation: No need to update spreadsheet data, as with a single tap, Rows AI will fetch data from the source (Google Analytics, LinkedIn posts) and update it automatically.
Rows AI: Pros and Cons
- Integrates with social media apps, communication platforms, and data analytics software, eliminating the need to feed information manually.
- The queries and formulas are much clearer. So, no need to sweat over learning or remembering a lot of them.
- The tool often fails to handle complex formulas.
Insider tip: Get your hand on Rows AI custom formula to make your work even more simplified and quick.
4. Invideo.io: Best for generating videos from scratch
InVideo is an AI-powered video generator. You can input a script, and it will create a video based on the given script. It’s one of the simplest AI video tools to create YouTube videos, shorts, social media reels, or webinar clips.
Here’s a video I generated using Invideo.io:
I liked the script it generated, but the media used didn’t seem captivating. That’s one thing you can improve by using Invideo’s editing feature once the output is generated.
Invideo.io Best Features:
- Customization options: Apart from the prompt you enter, the tool goes a step further by asking for more specific details, such as your target audience, the looks and feel of the video, and the video format. This allows you to create personalized videos that fit your needs.
- Edit media and script option: Invideo offers three editing features to modify the video generated:
- Change the audience type, looks, and feel of the video.
- Change or update the media and script by yourself.
- Give instructions to AI to make changes or generate new videos.
Invideo.ai: Pros and Cons
- 5000+ premade video templates.
- Amazing editing options allow you to make changes to AI-generated video.
- Option to customize the accent and speaker in the video and use subtitles.
- Limited customization capabilities in the video editor.
Insider tip: Start with a detailed prompt and use their editing feature to enhance the video quality. You have full control over replacing the media, managing subtitles, and adjusting voiceovers.
5. Microsoft Copilot: Best for improving productivity
If you’re a Microsoft user, Microsoft Co-pilot would be your new favorite AI tool. Launched in March 2023, Copilot helps you summarize large documents, draft proposals, analyze huge data sets, and create professional-looking visuals for your next meeting.
Microsoft Copilot Best Features:
- Multiple integrations: One key feature of Copilot is it integrates with all Microsoft 365 accounts - Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams, Chats, etc. Some of the use cases of Co-pilot with these apps include:
- Prepare project outline in Word to share with team members
- Analyze the annual fiscal data and generate bar graphs to represent it.
- Create a five-slide presentation to present in an investor meeting
- Draft an email inviting teams for a quick brainstorming session.
- Business chats: Integrated into Microsoft Chats, the Business Chat feature helps you stay up-to-date on any missed conversations, draft replies, summarize conversations, generate project overviews, etc.
As a manager or a team leader, the Business chat feature will focus on the nitty-gritty of chat, while you focus on the other important tasks.
Microsoft Copilot Pros and Cons
- Super easy to access as it integrates with all Microsoft 365 apps - Excel. Calendar, Outlook, Word, Presentation, etc.
- Copilot supports 8 languages (English, Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, and Chinese Simplified) in all their apps except Excel which only supports English.
- It often generates inaccurate data, requiring lots of validation before it can be used.
Insider tip: When working on documents, code, or other written material, use Copilot to generate initial drafts or snippets. Start by providing a brief description or outline of what you want to create, and then let Copilot generate suggestions or even complete sections for you.
6. Fireflies: Best to generate meeting notes
Fireflies is your AI-driven virtual assistant. As a team leader or a manager, it might be extra work to take notes during meetings. Fireflies takes care of that as it joins you in meetings and helps you transcribe and summarize the meetings.
Apart from taking meeting notes, the tool creates a meeting outline, highlights keywords and key points mentioned, identifies the speakers, and more.
Fireflies Best Features:
- In-built AI-driven apps: Thinks of apps as use cases of Fireflies. All you have to do is customize the prompt or choose from their prompt library and set it up for your next meeting.
- Fireflies mobile app and browser extension: No matter if you’re attending a meeting on your browser or mobile phone, Fireflies made it accessible to record, transcribe, and summarize your video. The cherry on top? You can do this in 60+ languages.
Fireflies: Pros and Cons
- Almost accurate transcription of meetings with keynotes and the most mentioned keywords.
- Super easy to use to record meeting notes on desktop, mobile, and browser.
- Integrates with many meeting and communication software - Zoom, Google Meet, Slack, Google Calendar, Notion, etc.
- The tool doesn’t accurately capture the speaker in the meeting, which often disrupts the flow of notes.
Insider tip: Use their custom keywords features. For example, if you're discussing a project, you can add a custom keyword like "project XYZ" to easily retrieve all relevant conversations later. This makes organizing and retrieving information a breeze, saving you time and effort in the long run.
7. Murf: Best for audio generation
If you’re looking to use a super effortless and multi-functional audio generation tool, go for Murf. This text-to-speech AI tool allows you to turn your written scripts into high-quality, natural-sounding voiceovers quickly.
You can prepare engaging training materials, internal communications, or even asynchronous notes for your team without spending extra time recording.
After having a script, you can upload it into Murft and make a voiceover from its extensive range of over 120+ realistic AI voices, supporting over 20 languages.
The simplicity and speed of Murf AI will save you valuable time and enrich your team's experience.
Murf Best Features:
- Simple and intuitive interface: Murf boasts an accessible interface that requires minimal technical expertise. Its intuitive design allows you to navigate easily and generate voice recordings.
- Collaboration and customization: You can streamline your operations with Murf's collaboration feature. It also helps you fine-tune the generated voices to match your specific requirements.
- Multilingual support: Murf supports over 20 languages, helping you easily reach a global audience.
Murf: Pros and Cons
- Helps you generate professional-sounding voice recordings at scale efficiently.
- Focuses on accessibility by providing audio versions of written content, making it more inclusive for individuals with visual impairments or language barriers.
- There might be some limitations in fine-tuning the voices to match specific requirements.
Insider tip: Experiment with different voice styles and tones to add a touch of personality and emotion to your audio content. You can effectively convey the desired message and captivate your audience by selecting the appropriate voice style.
Make your work 10x easier with AI
AI tools lend a helping hand in our work and life. There are many ways on how to use AI to make your work easier, faster, and more efficient. The more you experiment with these tools, the better you’ll learn to use them to your advantage.
Want to learn more about AI? Check out our guide to AI in the Workplace, AI in Management , AI in HR, and Women and AI.
My advice would be to educate yourself on how to write perfect prompts, as no matter which AI tool you use, the output of AI boils down to the instructions you give it. Make it specific, relevant, and detailed.