Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the way we find and hire talent in today’s fast-evolving world of recruitment.
- Electrolux, the home appliance manufacturer, achieved an impressive 84% increase in application conversion rate and a 51% decrease in incomplete applications.
- Cigna, the healthcare and insurance company, leveraged AI for internal mobility, resulting in 60% of employees completing profiles in their talent marketplace.
- Brother International Corporation used AI for employer branding and talent attraction, resulting in a 140% increase in completed applications.
- Stanford Health Care implemented an AI chatbot, which improved candidate engagement and reduced support tickets.
The numbers speak for themselves!
AI recruiting software offers innovative solutions to traditional hiring challenges, automating mundane tasks, enhancing candidate experience, and improving the quality of hires.
From personalizing candidate engagement to ensuring unbiased selection, AI in recruitment is empowering people-centric and forward-thinking recruiters and hiring managers to focus more on the human aspect of hiring.
In this article, I will explore six amazing AI recruiting tools that make the hiring process more people-centric, efficient, and inclusive, ultimately transforming the way we connect with potential talents.
1. Textio Loop - best AI Recruiting Software for writing and optimizing job descriptions
Job descriptions are the first point of contact between you as an employer and potential candidates. They’re more than just outlines of responsibilities and qualifications; it’s your powerful tool to attract a diverse pool of talents and showcase your company’s culture from the start.
Quoting insights from Neil Hare, founder and president of Global Vision Communications, on his Forbes article, inclusive hiring practices help you:
- Foster a diverse workplace which can lead to enhanced creativity and innovation. Diverse teams bring a variety of perspectives and experiences.
- Strengthen your company’s image and appeal to a broader range of talents and clients, especially those who value modern, diverse, inclusive culture just like you.
- Lead to higher employee satisfaction and retention rates. When people feel respected and valued for their unique background, perspectives, and contributions, they are more likely to feel a sense of belonging and commitment to the team.
Aim for these great results right with the job description that you put out there!
There are many AI-powered tools available to help ensure that your job descriptions are free from bias and stereotypically gendered language (that sometimes you don’t even realize). Textio is one such AI recruiting tool that you can use.
Textio Loop is a AI writing tools exclusively for recruiters. It helps you write job descriptions, social media posts, and email communications to attract and engage more diverse applicants so you can speed up your hiring process.
Textio Loop detects unconscious biases in your language in real time. It red flags words and phrases that are racist, sexist, and ageist, and words connote ableism, saving you time editing and proofreading your work.
Textio allows you to publish well-written content to your existing ATS system (Greenhouse, Workday, Taleo, Oracle, SAP, iCIMS) or use it directly on LinkedIn, Gmail, and Outlook with a browser extension.
Textio Loop’s Best Features
- Textio Score: Texito offers a scoring system to measure the effectiveness of your recruiting content. It provides recommendations to help you improve the content and make it more inclusive and appealing to potential candidates.
- Language trend reports: Textio analyzes patterns and contextual information from your data to generate robust reports. These reports allow you to reflect and improve over time and offer guidance to your recruiting team for better word choices each time they need to craft a piece of content.
- Textio Flow: This AI feature helps generate best possible expression from your rough ideas which can be a draft sentence, a keyword, or a short phrase.
Textio Loop’s Pros and Cons
- The interface is easy to navigate, even for non-tech recruiters.
- It helps you, as a recruiter, ensure inclusiveness in your writing with gender decoding and suggestions to broaden the appeal of job posts or emails.
- Saves you lots of time writing and editing recruiting content with AI suggestions and maintains consistency in language and formatting across postings based on previous best results.
- It seamlessly integrates with popular ATS tools and has an easy plugin to assist you when drafting content across platforms.
- The functionality and UX design could be improved to enhance user experience.
- Textio only support English for now. This can be limiting for those who want to create job descriptions in local languages.
- Even though it connects with popular ATS platforms, Linkedin and email apps, users reported that they need more integrations to optimize their recruitment communication.
“Textio is my all day runner. Being an HR, I need to post various hiring content accross job board and emailsand textio really helps in editing those documents. It has textio score tool through which I can measure my usage and level among my collegues.” - Verified G2 user.
Textio Loop’s Pricing
Textio does not offer free trial and has not disclosed the pricing information for the tools. You need to request a demo and customize quote for your requirements.
2. Fetcher - best for candidate sourcing and outreach
It's difficult to find enough people to fill the in-demand positions and maintain a rich talent pipeline.
A 2023 Harris Poll survey of over 500 US employers found that over half spend at least 6 hours every week looking for candidates to hire, with 22% spending more than 11 hours. And over a third of them listed talent shortages as their top recruiting challenge.
Fetcher is one of the best AI recruiting tools that provide an automated active approach to talent sourcing, which can reduce your time and workload for this stage.
Fetcher uses a blend of machine learning and human expertise to generate curated candidate profiles, which ensures a high-quality talent pool that aligns with the specific needs of the roles.
It extracts candidate information from the Fetcher database, Linkedin, your talent acquisition team (by uploading their CVs to the platform) and analyze candidate resumes to find the most suitable candidates for your company’s current job openings. You can custom search criteria and calibrate results easily with its intuitive interface.
One of Fetcher's strengths is its outreach email templates and workflows, which allows you to set up personalized email sequences and re-engage previously sourced candidates.
Additionally, the platform provides valuable analytics, such as candidate demographics and the performance of recruitment campaigns, which are crucial for making informed decisions and improving recruitment strategies.
Fetcher seamlessly integrates with various ATS, CRM, and communication platforms like Slack, Outlook, and Gmail. This integration capability enhances team productivity and ensures a smooth workflow.
Fetcher’s customization and flexibility can cater to HR teams, small businesses, and staffing agencies.
Fetcher’s Best Features
- Automated Candidate Sourcing: This feature streamlines the process of finding suitable candidates by automatically identifying and sourcing talent that matches the specific requirements of a job. This makes the recruitment process more efficient, saving time and effort.
- Diversity and Inclusion Focused Sourcing: Fetcher is designed to help companies build a more diverse and inclusive workforce. The tool offers features that limit bias in searches, aiding recruiters in finding and attracting candidates from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. This is particularly important in today's workplace, where diversity is essential for the growth and innovation of companies.
- Candidate Engagement Platform: This feature ensures consistent and timely communication, ensuring that you keep in touch with passive candidates and re-engage previously sourced candidates. Thereby you can expand the talent pool and improve the chances of finding the right match.
Fetcher’s Pros and Cons
- It saves you time (and money) spent on manual talent sourcing to reach out to right profiles on Linkedin. The tool can configure plenty of candidate searches that match the recruiter’s requirements.
- It simplifies the process of sending customized emails to suitable profiles and tracking their responses, so that you can promptly engage with the interested one.
- Predictive analytics to help forecast which candidates are most likely to respond so you can adjust your recruitment efforts accordingly.
- User reported that they have good qualified sourced candidates from Fetcher.
- Its database mostly focuses in North Ameria and Europe, which can be less helpful if you need to reach the talent pools at other areas.
- The tool doesn’t connect directly with other job boards. Although you can always import their profiles to the platform but this limitation can be frustrating if you want to access to different talent sources at the same time.
“Fetcher is an incredibly easy to use service with personalized help along the way. The consultants who assist you do their best to take your notes and find you the best candidates possible. I use this system 1-2 times per week to assist with sourcing candidates and usually have success with contacting the folks Fetcher sends along to me.” - Verified G2 user.
- Free - limited to 50 profiles per month
- Growth ($149/month) - up to 4,000 profiles per year
- Amplify ($549/month) - 4,000 automated-searching profiles + 1,000 human-sourced profiles per year
3. Skillate - best AI Recruiting Software for screening resumes and shortlist candidates
Sifting through resumes is one of the most labor-intensive parts that many recruiters have to face. With the high volume of applications for each role, it’s no wonder many of us spend less than 60 seconds reviewing a resume.
And that’s a shame, since briefly reviewing someone’s work history and skills doesn’t tell you about the potential candidate-culture fit, which is proven to be more important for enduring success. (And as a recruiter, long-term candidate success and employee retention are what we are and should be judged for!)
The good news is that AI can play a big role here.
Take Skillate, a Top 150 AI Tool that comes to life as an AI-enabled talent intelligence platform that can dramatically speed up your hiring process.
According to their data, the tool can reduce 95% of your screening time. It also helps you be 25% less dependent on staffing agencies and increase your chances of finding the right candidate by 3x. I know, impressive!
Skillate does this by using deep learning to extract information from resumes in any file type (PDF, DOC, DOCX, ZIP) and evaluate them against the job description to give you a score of how well candidates match the job requirements. You can customize the criteria for parsing and matching the resumes.
What I love is that Skillate integrates with Taleo, Workday, SAP SuccessFactors, and Smart Recruiters. This means less work juggling data between platforms, something we all wish we could do less of.
Regarding privacy and security, Skillate stores its data on secure AWS servers and adheres to the European General Data Protection Regulations and the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000. It also restricts the disclosure of both your company's and candidates' information and will delete data one year after you stop using it.
While there’s been negative press about AI resume screening, it's important to understand that AI tools like Skillate are designed to assist, not replace, human recruiters. For example, it might overlook good candidates if their resumes contain dark backgrounds or use different terms for the same skills that AI cannot understand. You should always do a quick check to catch any potentially good candidates the AI might have missed.
Skillate’s Best Features
- Resume Parsing: Skillate uses natural language processing to extract data from candidates' resumes. The data is read and analyzed to identify relevant information like the candidate’s name, skills, experience, and contact details and structured into a standardized format. Incredibly, this resume parsing takes only 1-3 seconds!
- Candidate Pre-selection: Review resumes based on specific criteria like keywords, skills, experience, or education. Then, let Skillate evaluate resumes against job requirements to identify the right candidates. These qualified candidates are scored and ranked for shortlisting based on their fit for the role, so you can focus on the human element of getting the know a shorter list of people better.
- Chatbot screening: Sometimes, you might want to ask candidates about their start date availability, willingness to relocate, and salary expectations upfront to avoid wasting time and effort for everyone if they're not a good fit for your company's current needs and resources. Skillate’s AI chatbot can communicate with candidates directly on your behalf to collect additional information that is not listed on candidates’ resumes. The chatbot then compiles this information into a shortlist so you can quickly screen through it and determine the best fit for the position’s requirements.
- Auto-schedule meetings: Chatbot can also automatically schedule phone interviews and the next rounds based on your calendar and the candidate's availability. Once connected, it will include a Zoom/Google Meets/Teams meeting link in the calendar invite.
Skillate’s Pros and Cons
- Save you a lot of time in the screening process from collecting and analyzing information, checking resumes, and scheduling interviews. This way, you can focus on the human elements of recruiting.
- You can use Skillate as a job board or embed the tool with your existing career page.
- Keep the candidate experience frictionless with no download needed. All communication can be done through email and web browsers, even with the AI chatbot.
- Users report that they enjoy Skillate’s customer service, from onboarding to post-implementation support. Plus, it has a helpful library of tutorials and instructional videos.
- AI-powered resume parsing can be less effective in analyzing resumes with images and complex illustrations. (Candidates, ‘less is more’ seems true in this case!)
- Selected integrations can be frustrating if you already used or prefer using more engaging virtual meeting platforms or different job boards like FlexJob or Glassdoor.
- It takes time for you to learn how to navigate the menu bars on the admin site effectively. Several users also suggested to have a more colorful and attractive UI design.
“Skillate's matching engine, data analytics & automatic interview scheduling are among the best features I like. Their chatbot-based feature makes hiring really fast. With exceptional client services & post-implementation support, they truly make it the best in the market!” - Verified G2 user.
Skillate doesn’t list any pricing on their website, but asks you to contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Paradox.ai - best for engaging candidates with a recruiting chatbot and expedite hiring processes
When you make a job application experience more enjoyable, you increase your chances of getting great candidates, improve the likelihood of them accepting the job, and leave a positive impression even if they don’t become part of your team.
A 2023 CareerPlug survey of 500 job applicants revealed that a "slow and disorganized interview process” is one of the reasons that disappoints candidates. Slow or lack of follow-up with applicants also leaves them with a bad experience too:
Paradox is Top 150 AI Tool and recruiting software that can help you create a ‘conversational’ candidate experience. It is trusted by big companies, including Unilever, McDonald’s, Amazon, 3M, and Nestlé.
Paradox’s AI chatbot, Olivia, is like a recruiting assistant who can help you communicate with the candidates, ask them screening questions, answer to their queries, and schedule a meeting for you. It use natural language processing to understand and respond to candidates in a way that feels natural and engaging, much like a real conversation.
I appreciate that Paradox offers a text-based approach rather than relying solely on emails. Communication with candidates can occur through various chat platforms like SMS, WhatsApp, and Messenger, allowing for personal conversations on their preferred channels.
This way, it saves you time for routing tasks and also reduces the wait times for your candidates, making the whole process more efficient and friendly.
Paradox AI claims to decrease time to hire by 80%, saved recruiters 5 hours per week per employee, reduced cost per applicant by 60%, and scheduled interviews in less than 1 hour by 85%.
You can even integrate Olivia into your company's careers page so that when candidates search for a relevant job, Olivia can provide them with the most suitable job openings based on their experience, interests, and real-time responses.
However, it's important to explain clearly to your job applicants the method and process if you use AI chatbot in recruiting like Paradox's Olivia. Many people may not be familiar with this technology yet and may feel uncomfortable talking to a robot instead of a human, or they may think it's a scam.
Paradox.ai’s Best Features
- Personalize conversation with candidates: Olivia can provide personalized responses based on the candidate's profile and history. It also supports 100+ languages and provide back-end custom to translate the platform to 30+ languages, allowing you to reach and communicate with a diverse range of candidates in their mother tongue.
- Pre-employee assessments: Paradox provides a quick 2-minute visual assessment (Traitify) that candidates can easily complete on their mobiles via the Olivia chat or web browser. These assessments are backed up by research and science to give you insights for choosing the best cultural fit or missing piece for your team dynamics.
- Recording interviews and in-browser video interviews: This means you can request video responses from the potential candidates to get to know them better, like a video to introduce themselves. And if you process forward the next round of interviews, Paradox offers a one-click video conferencing feature that works on any device without downloads. All within the conversation with Olivia!
- Pre-build template for offer letters: You can edit build-in job offer templates of Paradox from your desktop or mobile and quickly send to the best fit candidates. This means that you can make the whole recruiting cycle easier and quicker.
Paradox.ai’s Pros and Cons
- Help you save time and shorten the time from resume screening to job offer.
- Paradox is backed by strong security measures (ISO 27001, GDPR, CCPA, SOC 2 Type II audit, Privacy Shield Certified), ensuring your conversational interactions remain private and secure.
- Has various integrations into your existing recruiting systems, including job boards (Indeed, Monster, Glassdoor, Jobing, etc.), ATS (Taleo, Clever, ADP, etc.), assessments (Gallup, Pymetrics, Sprocket), video conferencing (Bluejeans, Hangout, Skype, etc.) and even an open API for further integrations.
- Users reported that Paradox’s customer service is very responsive.
- Users report that they find it challenging to customize reports, and the platform does not offer robust analytics for your recruitment insights.
- Navigating through the platform and setting up smooth operations can be complicated at first.
- Your candidates might feel weird to talk to the AI chatbot without clear expectations upfront.
“At this point, we are utilizing almost every Paradox product offering available, and we continue to push them to innovate at pace with our business. The best part is that they deliver! They are by far the most innovative, adaptive, and responsive vendor we have worked with - focusing on building great technology that solves our business problems of today and tomorrow, rather than trying to sell us software. Their customer success teams are the best in the business and the product teams have fantastic vision, building clean, simple solutions that create frictionless (and fun) candidate and recruiter experiences.” - Shay J, G2 review.
You have to visit the Paradox.ai website and speak with Olivia or fill out demo form to get custom pricing based on your company size and AI Recruiting Software requirements.
5. Vervoe - best AI Recruiting Software for pre-employment assessment
Vervoe is another Top 150 AI Tool which uses artificial intelligence to help you evaluate job candidates based on their skills.
By using realistic job simulations and skills assessments, Vervoe can accurately grade and rank candidates, giving you a better idea of their potential job performance.
It uses three different models to evaluate and predict a candidate’s performance:
- What model - AI examines the applicant’s responses and benchmarks them against others. For example, if you are hiring a data analyst, you require a candidate with critical thinking and organizational skills. The model processes thousands of responses to look for specific words that reflect these traits.
- How model - AI analyzes how the candidate interacts with the assessment, tracking metrics like how long it takes to answer a question or if they go back to edit their answers.
- Preference model - uses Naive Beye's method to predict probability. AI is trained to understand what a great answer looks like to your business and according to your preferences.
With over 300 skills assessments to choose from, you can find pre-written questions that closely mimic real on-the-job tasks for various roles and industries. The platform also has anti-cheating features to ensure the integrity of the assessments.
Vervoe is versatile as an AI Recruiting Software; it can be used for different types of hiring, including graduate hiring, technical hiring, volume hiring, remote hiring, and diversity recruitment.
Vervoe’s Best Features
- AI-Powered Grading and Ranking: Vervoe's machine learning algorithm grades and ranks candidates based on their performance in job simulations and skills assessments, saving time and ensuring focus on top candidates.
- Job Simulations: Vervoe offers realistic job simulations (place candidates in virtual work environments to resolve job challenges) customized for each role, which can better assess a candidate's potential job performance. Simulations are available for customer service, cybersecurity, sales, QA, marketing, and project management roles.
- Assessment Library: With over 300 skills assessments covering a wide range of roles and industries, Vervoe simplifies testing candidates' abilities. Its pre-written questions simulate on-the-job tasks, making your evaluation process more accurate.
- Anti-Cheating Measures: It randomizes questions on a skill or question level to provide unique sets of questions to each candidate. This feature helps you minimize the risk of information sharing and ensure assessment integrity.
Vervoe’s Pros and Cons
- A key strength is its intention to remove bias in the recruitment process, allowing for a more equitable assessment of candidates.
- The flexibility to include various types of questions (video, audio, text, multiple choice, etc.) in assessments.
- Hiring managers can help build assessments, providing insights into candidates’ skills and abilities which aids in better candidate selection.
- The tool is well-received by hiring managers, with positive feedback on its implementation and effectiveness.
- Some users have noted that it would be beneficial if Vervoe could integrate more seamlessly with their ATS.
- You have limited options for customizing email templates that are sent out with assessments, including instructions, notifications, or updates on application status.
“Streamlines our entry-level recruitment process, removes the barrier to entry and creates an objective recruitment process which has increased the diversity of our candidate pool and increased the quality of candidates we hire. Metrics such as retention and performance have all increased since we started using Vervoe. We also love the dedicated support we received from the Vervoe team. Whenever we have a question or a new idea, the team are so quick to jump on a call and provide their expert advice.” - Alexandra W., G2 user
- Pay & Go ($228/year) - 1 assessment for up to 100 candidates
- Skills-based Hiring (custom annual pricing) - tailored to suit your requirements
- Skills Validation via AP (usage-based pricing)- scalable pricing tiers based on usage
6. Spark Hire - best for video interview
Video screening interviews can take up a lot of time for recruiters and hiring managers, especially when there are a large number of candidates to evaluate.
This process requires careful planning and coordination, and reviewing each candidate's responses can be time-consuming. Spark Hire provides innovative features that significantly enhance the efficiency of the recruitment process.
Spark Hire is an AI-powered video interviewing platform for recruiting that has become popular for its one-way and live video interview features, particularly among those seeking efficient and flexible video screening solutions.
The platform is known for its ease of use for both recruiters and candidates, and its ability to improve the recruitment process through better candidate profile screening and transparency.
- One-Way Interviews: This feature enables candidates to record video responses to interview questions at their convenience, which can be reviewed later by the hiring team. This method offers flexibility and saves time by eliminating the need for phone interviews, making the initial screening process more efficient.
- Live Video Interviews: Spark Hire also supports live video interviews that can be conducted remotely and recorded for review. This feature is beneficial for real-time interaction with candidates and facilitates collaboration among hiring team members.
The tool has an intuitive interface and works well on any device, without the need to download any apps.
Spark Hire’s Best Features
- Collaborative Reviewing: Spark Hire allows multiple team members to review and analyze candidates' video responses. This collaborative approach can lead to more comprehensive assessments and better-informed hiring decisions.
- Customizable Interview Questions: Recruiters can tailor interview questions to align with specific job requirements, ensuring that candidates are assessed on relevant criteria. This customization is key to obtaining insightful responses that are pertinent to the role.
- Branded Interview Experience: The platform provides options for customizing and branding the interview interface. Personalized branding in the recruitment process can improve candidate engagement and leave a lasting impression.
Spark Hire’s Pros and Cons
- It gives you a smart, time-saving, and friendly option for one-way interviews. Candidates record answers to set questions at their convenience, and you can review them later.
- The platform is easy to navigate for both recruiters and candidates and can access from any device without complicated technical setups, enhancing the overall experience of the interview process.
- Rich integrations with ATS systems for effective and seamless recruiting workflows.
- Introducing candidates to the video interview format may require additional guidance and effort from recruiters.
- Some users expressed the need for more templates and functionalities tailored to specific job roles.
- Some users have reported rare instances of technical issues, such as video interviews not saving correctly.
“We use Spark Hire to handle the first step for high volume seasonal hiring. It's a very easy to use tool. We love the Google Chrome extension which makes sending out one-way interview requests incredibly fast and straight-forward. We add intro and outro videos to make interviews more personalized and provide our candidates with a user guide for the process that links to many of the Spark Hire candidate resources. It doesn't currently integrate with our ATS of choice (Ashby) but the chrome extension does the trick.” - Victoria M., G2 user.
Spark Hire Pricing
- Lite plan: $149/month for 1 job at a time and unlimited interviews
- Pro plan: $299/month for 5 jobs at a time and unlimited interviews
- Growth plan: $499/month for 10 jobs at a time and unlimited interviews
- Custom pricing for Enterprise plan if you have higher recruitment needs
Final Thoughts on AI Recruiting Software
The world of recruitment has seen some exciting changes with the advent of AI-powered recruitment. It has shown immense potential for streamlining the hiring process, increasing recruiters' efficiency, and potentially reducing biases in candidate selection.
However, we must also be mindful of the limitations and risks associated with AI recruiting. The possibility of algorithmic bias, lack of transparency, and the potential for overlooking non-traditional yet talented candidates are valid concerns that need our continuous attention and mitigation strategies.
I hope this guide helps you find effective AI recruiting tools to streamline your workflow and boost your recruiting efforts.
Amidst the age of AI, the best recruitment strategies should blend AI's efficiency and data-driven insights with the empathy, judgment, and personal touch that only humans can provide.
In my opinion, the future of AI in recruiting is bright, but we must navigate it with a commitment to fairness, transparency, and the irreplaceable value of human insight.
If you want more tool recommendations and guides on AI in the workplace, check out:
- AI In the Workplace: How to Use AI for Work (Comprehensive 2024 Guide)
- 10 AI Marketing Tools to Streamline Your Marketing Workflow
- Top 10 AI Productivity Tools to Enhance Efficiency in 2024
- Best AI Accounting Tools for Improved Accuracy and Efficiency
- Top 10 Free AI Websites to Work Smarter and Faster in 2024
- 7 Free AI Tools to Make Your Work Life 10x Easier and Outwork Everyone
- Bookmark These 10 AI Websites to Speed Up and Level Up Everyday Work
- 18 Ways On How To Use AI at Work in 2024 (+39 Tools Reviewed)